What is FreeBasics?
FreeBasics is service platform provided by Facebook which comprises of contents (with access limitation towards photos and videos) that can be enjoyed without any data charging. (Content List can be seen at the end of this FAQ). Facebook is one of the service available on FreeBasics
What is Facebook without quota consumption?
By using Facebook without data consumption, customers can access Facebook services without being charged for data consumptions. This service are accessible via web or Facebook Apps. Customers will then receive Facebook Freebasics and Facebook Flex
What is Facebook Freebasics service?
With Facebook FreeBasics services, customers can access Facebook (including photos, excluding videos) without data charging
What is Facebook Flex services?
Facebook Flex is a lighter version of Facebook. With Facebook Flex, customers can access Facebook (excluding photos and videos) without data charging. Photos and videos will be blurred unless customers decided to switch using the data mode on Telkomsel network in which they will be charged upon data consumptions
What’s the customer journey for this
The journey might differs as there are 3 type of customers for this service
- New Facebook User: Customers that have not joined facebook before. They will receive Facebook Freebasics for 30 days, they will be redirected to Facebook Flex after the period expire
- Res User (Dormant User): Customers that have joined facebook before, but were not active for the last 25 days. They will receive Facebook Freebasics for 7 days, they will be redirected to Facebook Flex after the period expire
- Existing Facebook User: Customers that have joined facebook before and still an active Facebook users. They will receive Facebook Flex
How does the Facebook without data consumption interface look?
After using the Facebook without data consumption, my internet speed has decreased, what happened?
Facebook without data consumption will not reduce your data balance, but if the customers uses other applications, they will consume your data balance
How can I use this facebook without data consumption?
Customers can access the service via web or on Facebook Apps. Please bear in mind that this service can only be used on data enabled smartphones running on Android 2.3 and above. This service are also accessible on data enabled featurephone (ie. Nokia E-series). This service does not work on IoS (iPhone, iPod, iPad)
Can I use this service on laptop/PC?
You can not. This service are only available on mobile device
Can I use this service on wi-fi network or other networks?
You can not. This service are only accessible for Telkomsel users on Telkomsel mobile data network
If I have zero credit balance, can I still use this service?
Customers can still access this service regardless of their credit balance
Can I opt not to use this service?
Yes. Customers can opt to use or decline this service on the interstitial page. If you wanted to use this service, you could click “accept”. If you decline, could click “No, thank you”
If you have choose to accept this service, you could turn off this service manually to access your regular Facebook. Here’s how you can do it”
- Facebook Lite: Choose “?” on the top right corner (purple band row) and click deactivate feature
- Facebook Mobile Site: Choose “?” on the top right corner (purple band row) and click deactivate feature
- Facebook for Android: : Choose “?” on the top right corner (purple band row) and click deactivate feature
Why can I only see text and cannot access photos and videos?
You are on Facebook Flex mode, which in this case
- If you have an active Telkomsel data package, you could switch the purple button on the top right corner to switch to data charging mode. You could access full Facebook features that will consume your data balance. You could also made reswitch to free mode by pushing the same button.
- If you do not have an active Telkomsel data package, you could purchase Telkomsel data package when you press the blurred photos or videos
What kind of packages does Telkomsel offer to their customers?
The packages offered are linked to *363# and every offerings are tailored to each customers profile
Who can access this service?
Every Telkomsel customers (Kartu Halo, simPATI, Kartu As, Loop) can use service
Is there any other websites accessible without quota consumption?
There are several other websites available as well, these websites are available via m.freebasics.com