General Provisions for Telkomsel Service Users (Effective Since October 1st, 2020)
Welcome to the official website of PT Telekomunikasi Selular ("Telkomsel"). This page contains the terms and conditions applied to all Telkomsel customers who use Telkomsel products and/or services, including:
- Cellular telecommunication services using both prepaid and postpaid methods;
- Sites, features, applications, social media, or other forms provided by Telkomsel through both cellular and internet networks from time to time
(hereinafter referred to as "Services").
- You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of username, password, email, or one-time password (OTP) verification code of an account for all activities carried out through this Service, including, but not limited to, any risk and/or loss arising as a result of account misuse by third parties. Telkomsel has the right to assume that your access to the Service, including the use of your account and password, is legitimate access by you. You hereby release Telkomsel from all claims that may arise in any form whatsoever and from any party.
- Telkomsel will not ask for a username, password, or OTP of your account for any reason. Therefore, Telkomsel urges you not to provide such data or other important information to those on behalf of Telkomsel or other parties whose credibility cannot be guaranteed.
- You agree to log out at the end of each session of using the Service application and notify Telkomsel if there is misuse or unauthorized use of your account and/or password.
- You declare that Telkomsel is not responsible for losses or obstacles arising from misuse of the Service caused by your negligence, including, but not limited to granting access to other parties, accessing links provided by other parties, giving or showing username, password, e-mail, or OTP to other parties, as well as other negligence resulting in losses or constraints on the Service.
- You understand and agree that in order to use OTP security facilities sent through the Short Message Service media (if any), the relevant service provider may at any time charge you a nominal fee in accordance with the policies of each service provider used by you.
- You must not create and/or use other devices, software, features and/or tools to manipulate the Service available, including, but not limited to: (i) manipulation of user data; (ii) spamming activity; (iii) manipulation of content engagement; (vi) other activities that can be reasonably deemed as an act of system manipulation.
Use of Cellular Telecommunication Services
- Customers who are new to Telkomsel products will receive a starter pack including a SIM (Subscriber Identify Module) card.
- Telkomsel’s SIM card can only be activated in Indonesia under its validity period, following the terms and conditions printed on the SIM card package or starter pack.
- For Prepaid Starter Pack Cards that have expired, the SIM card cannot be activated, and all credit balance printed on the starter pack will be lost. The Telkomsel Prepaid Starter Pack cannot be returned to Telkomsel to be replaced with a valid starter pack.
- In order to be used continuously by Users, for Telkomsel Starter Pack that has been activated, the following conditions apply:
- Prepaid Users must recharge/buy at least a minimum amount of credit balance before the validity period expires;
- Postpaid Users must pay monthly bills before the due date.
- Users who lost and/or stolen their Telkomsel SIM Card can immediately report and replace the SIM card to the Customer Service at the nearest GraPARI, while still complying with the policies determined by Telkomsel.
- Upon any SIM Card replacement, Telkomsel has the right to:
- Charge any administration fee according to Telkomsel’s terms and conditions;
- Charge any additional costs that are needed to replace the SIM card.
- Telkomsel is not responsible for any lost credit balance (for prepaid products) on Telkomsel Starter Pack that have been damaged or lost.
Price/Tariff Cellular Telecommunication Service
- The price scheme for Telkomsel products can be changed at any time, following the price policy set by Telkomsel.
- Telkomsel has the right to change/terminate/add any parts of the services or price scheme at any time, following the policy set by Telkomsel, and/or governed by applicable laws, and/or Government’s approval. These changes information will be informed on the Telkomsel.com website.
- Prices/tariff listed on the Service including Value Added Tax (VAT) in accordance with applicable laws.
- Telkomsel can apply different Prices/tariffs, depends on certain locations and time, following Telkomsel’s pricing policy.
- Every usage of Telkomsel product contains an international roaming basic feature that will be automatically activated with a certain tariff scheme set by Telkomsel.
Telkomsel will maintain the network at its best and will repair any damage or disruption to the Telkomsel network as soon as possible in order to provide the best service to you. Telkomsel can compensate you for direct losses caused only by Telkomsel and not losses caused by third parties that work with Telkomsel.
Limitation of Liability
- Telkomsel does not guarantee that: (i) the Service will always meet your needs or will always be accessible; (ii) Services will not be interrupted, timely, secure and free of any errors; (iii) the quality, information or other materials contained in the Service will always meet your expectations.
- Telkomsel is not responsible for any dishonest act, criminal act, fraud, negligence, violations of the laws and regulations, or bad deeds committed by irresponsible parties through this service.
- In the case of fees for using the Service, Telkomsel provides more varied payment methods. Telkomsel collaborates with various parties to make it easier for you to choose the payment method that suits your needs. Therefore, if there is a discrepancy and/or error in the payment method provided by the payment partner, on the basis of both its system and use, you can directly submit a complaint to the payment partner and hereby release Telkomsel from the liability to provide compensation for losses arising from the error made by the payment partner.
- You acknowledge, understand, and agree that Telkomsel is not responsible for the content and/or links contained in the Service. You are responsible for risks when accessing and using the third party's content and/or links. You are also advised to read and understand the contents of the terms and conditions that apply to the third party's content/links.
Telkomsel has the right at any time to renew the Service, taking into account the following matters, but not limited to: (i) being determined by the authorized party; (ii) being no longer in accordance with the latest developments and technology; (iii) being no longer used and will be transferred to a similar Service; and (iv) other considerations deemed appropriate and suitable by Telkomsel.
Blocking and/or Suspension
Withdrawal of Services
Telkomsel has the right to withdraw/reclaim the Service from you both temporarily and completely in the event of a technical error and/or misuse of the Service by prior notice and you agree to release Telkomsel from all legal claims and responsibilities while continuing to observe your rights.
Third Party’s Content and Links
- Telkomsel or third parties who collaborate with Telkomsel can provide content that will be included in the Service. The third party’s content can be in the form of texts, photos, images, sounds, videos that contain information or data made by third parties so that third parties are fully responsible for all the permits required for these activities.
- Telkomsel can provide certain links that refer or direct you to a page from a third party’s site, including links available on certain pages of product search results.
- In using each Service, you are prohibited from uploading or using words, comments, images, or any content that contains Ethnicity, Religion, Race and Intergroup sentiments (SARA), discrimination, demeaning or cornering other people, vulgar, threatening, or other things that can be considered inappropriate with social values and norms and regulations that apply, and based on policies determined by Telkomsel in person. Telkomsel has the right to take the necessary actions in violation of this provision, including but not limited to content removal, content moderation, account blocking, etc.
- You are prohibited from using photos/images of items that have watermarks that indicate the ownership rights of others. If you are going to use someone else's content, users must specify the source of the content.
- You hereby understand and agree that the misuse of photos/images uploaded by you is your personal responsibility.
- When you upload into the Service with content or post content, you grant Telkomsel non-exclusive rights, throughout the world, continuously, irrevocably, royalty-free, sublicensed (through several levels) the right to exercise any and all copyrights, publicity, trademark, database rights and intellectual property rights that you have in the content, in any media that are known now or in the future. Furthermore, to be fully permitted by the applicable law, you waive moral rights and promise not to claim these rights against Telkomsel.
- You guarantee that you do not infringe intellectual property rights in uploading your content to the Service. You are hereby personally responsible for infringing intellectual property rights in uploading content on this Service.
- Content or material that will be displayed or published on the Service through a website feed will be subject to the site's Provisions, legal regulations, and the ethics of the applicable content.
- Telkomsel reserves the right at any time to remove the content or material contained in the Service that is considered to violate these Terms, applicable legal regulations, and the ethics of the applicable content.
Marketing and Promotional Materials
Telkomsel and third-party partners that collaborate with Telkomsel can send you direct marketing, advertising, and promotional communications through the push-notification application, messages through Apps, telephone calls, short message services, e-mail, rich media format, and other technological media that develop from time to time ("Marketing Media").
Intellectual Property Rights
Telkomsel has a variety of brands, logos, and websites and applications that are all protected by applicable law in Indonesia such as but not limited to the Copyright Act and Trademark Law. You acknowledge and agree that Telkomsel's Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) used or displayed on the Service, or any IPR belonging to third parties contained in this Service, may not be copied, used, applied, and implemented in whole or in part, without written permission previously from Telkomsel and/or other parties who have intellectual property rights contained in the Service. Telkomsel has the right to claim for the use of IPR illegally based on the applicable law.
All forms of images, logos, videos, and other forms contained in the Service that are owned by third parties are third party’s assets.
You guarantee that it does not violate intellectual property rights uploaded by third parties in cooperation with Telkomsel. Telkomsel is not responsible for violations committed by you of the third party’s intellectual property rights used in the Service.
The confidentiality of your personal information is the most important thing for Telkomsel. Telkomsel will use its best efforts to protect and secure your data and Personal Information from access to the collection, processing, analyzing, storing, disclosing, correcting, and deleting by unauthorized persons. However, sending information through the Service is not entirely secure. Although Telkomsel will do its best to protect your Personal Information, you acknowledge that Telkomsel cannot guarantee the integrity and accuracy of any Personal Information you send through the Service or guarantee that Personal Information will not be intercepted, accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by unauthorized third parties, due to factors outside Telkomsel's control. In the event of illegal access and activities on the confidentiality of your Personal Information and beyond Telkomsel's control, Telkomsel will notify you at the first opportunity so that you can reduce the risk arising from that. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account details, including your username, password, email, or OTP from anyone and must always maintain and be responsible for the security of the device you use.
While using this Service, you or other relevant third parties are prohibited from using this Service in terms of:
- Unauthorized Activity
Activities that violate applicable laws, provisions, or regulations, including but not limited to the laws on confidentiality of communications and wiretapping.
- Dangerous or Deceptive Activities
Activities that may be harmful to other users of their services, operations, or reputation, including but not limited to offering or distributing goods, services, programs, or promotions that deceive or carry out other fraudulent practices.
- Content Violation
Content that violates or misuses other people’s intellectual property rights or ownership rights.
- Content That Attacks
Defamation, obscene, harassing, invasive privacy, attacking, obscene, or other objectionable contents.
- Dangerous Content
Contents or other computer technology that might harm, interrupt, eavesdrop, or take over any systems, programs, or data, including viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, or cancelbots.
Activities were related to spam, including distribution, publication, sending, or facilitation of sending unsolicited e-mails, promotions, advertisements, or requests, including commercial advertisements and information announcements.
- Security Breach
Use of this Service to violate the security or integrity of a network, computer or communication system, software application, or network or computing devices.
- Commercial or Unauthorised Use
- Network Abuse
Use of Services to commit network abuse, including attacks on computers or servers on the internet network or intentional involvement with correct functions on the network, computer or communication system, software applications, or network or computing devices.
Choice of Law
Force Majeure Event
Force majeure circumstances are extraordinary events that occur beyond Telkomsel's control that can cause Users to not be able to enjoy Services, such as but not limited to:
- Natural disasters such as earthquakes, storms, accidents, floods, war, riots, or other emergencies determined by the Government;
- Actions/deeds/circumstances of other parties so that Telkomsel cannot provide Services to Customers;
- Technical problems or other reasons beyond Telkomsel's control.
In the event of a force majeure as referred to herein, Telkomsel is released from any liabilities.
In the event of a disruption or force majeure that has a serious impact on the Service, so that the Service cannot work as it should, Telkomsel does its best to make and implement a contingency plan to ensure the continuity of the Service. However, you fully understand these conditions and therefore Telkomsel cannot be held liable for damages that may arise.
- Cellular telecommunication services using both prepaid and postpaid methods;
- Websites, features, applications, social media, or other forms provided by Telkomsel through cellular networks and internet networks from time to time
(hereinafter referred to as "Services").
Please note when you use the Service, there may be various links to other websites that are provided for your convenience. Telkomsel in this case is not responsible for the management of personal information policies on these sites. This policy is only intended and applied to Telkomsel Services. Telkomsel strongly recommends that you always look at and learn about the management of personal information policies on these sites before providing your personal information.
Information Data Collected
The Information Data collected in the operation of this Service is:
- Personal data that Telkomsel needs to provide Telkomsel Services include:
- Prepaid cellular telecommunication service:
- Single Identity Number (NIK); and
- Family Card Number.
- Postpaid cellular telecommunication service:
- Date of Birth;
- Single Identity Number (NIK);
- Family Card Number.; and
- Office/home phone number.
In addition to the personal data mentioned above, you have the option to provide additional personal data to Telkomsel for account personalization needs.
- Prepaid cellular telecommunication service:
- Search data for the information collected when you use the Service. Information relating to your data includes but are not limited to:
- Search data, search history (including recorded date and time);
- Your interests or preferences collected from using the Service;
- Photos, sounds, contacts, call lists, or other interactions on the Service that are permitted by you to be accessed through the device that you own. Telkomsel never scans or takes photos of albums or cameras in your device.
- Certain technical data, which include:
- information on Uniform Resource Locator (URL) that you visit;
- cookie (when you visit the Telkomsel website, Telkomsel will collect portions of data about you that are stored on the device, which allows Telkomsel to know when you visit the Telkomsel website in the future);
- advertising ID that used by Telkomsel to provides advertising activity;
- log files (log data is only used in the aggregate form (overall) to analyze the use of Service owned by Telkomsel);
- IP address (Telkomsel stores IP (Internet Protocol) addresses, or the location of your device on the Internet, for system administration and troubleshooting purposes. Telkomsel uses IP addresses as a whole (aggregate) to find out locations that access Telkomsel's services);
- information on the type of devices you are using, such as the device's unique ID, cellular network connection type, host, network and device performance, browser type, language, information that allows management of digital rights and operating systems;
- Certain metadata obtained from using Telkomsel products, including but not limited to:
- technical processed data such as mobile positioning, telco score, location scoring, and advance profiling;
- your use of metadata activity (card activation, voice call), data usage, activation of Value-Added Services ("VAS"), charging paid deposits, paying bills, transferring paid deposit, purchasing content and packages, and profiling and segmentation;
- Data from supplier, business partners, and/or other third parties/Partner that participate in the process of procurement of goods or services Telkomsel or enter into cooperation or arrangements with Telkomsel, including:
- data on Authentication Partner is the data obtained when you register or log in to use Telkomsel Services using third party’s credentials, Telkomsel will collect your information from these third parties to help you create an account on Telkomsel Services as long as you have given your consent to the third-party service.
- Payment Partner data is the data obtained if you choose to pay for a Service or feature with a bill, Telkomsel may receive data from a payment partner so that Telkomsel can send you bills, process your payment and provide what you buy to you.
In the event that there is additional Information Data that Telkomsel will collect from you, Telkomsel will request additional approval from you while maintaining the protection of your personal data.
Purpose of Data Collection and Processing
Telkomsel, in collecting and processing the Information Data as referred to above, has the following purposes:
- To communicate, follow the principle of Know Your Customer (KYC) and give you personalized use of the Service owned by Telkomsel.
- To diagnose and solve problems related to difficulties in accessing Services (troubleshoot).
- To provide Services, evaluate and develop Service features owned by Telkomsel from time to time.
- Data processing needs to generate your performance profile.
- To hold sweepstakes, contests, and give rewards as another form of loyalty to you.
- To process and facilitate your payment.
- To offer advertisements/promotions or offers from other collaborating parties.
- To carry out the mandate of the laws and regulations.
- To be able to be connected to, and stored at, Telkomsel's data center as well as Telkomsel's affiliated companies and/or other parties that are subject to a data storage agreement with Telkomsel for a period of time and as required by applicable regulations.
Transfer and Disclosure of Information Data
Information Data collected by Telkomsel can be disclosed to the government, or other authorized parties based on the law or cooperation agreements, in terms of:
- under the applicable law or in response to legal proceedings, such as a search warrant, court order, or subpoena;
- to protect the safety of Telkomsel and affiliated companies, your safety or the safety of others or for the legitimate interests of any party in the context of national security, law enforcement, litigation, criminal investigation or to prevent epidemics, emergencies determined by the Government;
- to investigate internal fraud or policy violations that can be accepted by Telkomsel or affiliated companies;
- if necessary, in connection with the legal proceedings submitted against Telkomsel, officials, employees, affiliates, customers or vendors; or
- to establish, implement, protect, maintain, and uphold Telkomsel's legal rights.
- in the context of sharing data with Telkomsel's business partners where Telkomsel in good faith will only give it in the aggregate form. In the event that Telkomsel shares non-aggregate data, best efforts are required to protect your data such as masking, which is carried out after the signing of a confidentiality agreement, or additional approval by giving notice to you before your personal data is disclosed to business partners or become subject to different privacy policies, so as to ensure the confidentiality of your personal data.
- in the case of cooperation with suppliers, vendors, and service providers who work on behalf of Telkomsel, with the aim of providing the Service, helping to protect and secure Telkomsel’s systems and services.
- to collaborate with Telkomsel affiliates to improve your experience on this Service.
Telkomsel is committed to collecting, processing, and storing your personal data with the best protection for as long as is necessary to provide this Service. Some of your personal data may also be managed, processed, and stored by third parties that collaborate with Telkomsel both within and outside the territory of Indonesia in order to maintain the performance of the Service while still complying with the obligations of access and effectiveness of supervision in accordance with the applicable law. Telkomsel will retain the Information Data as stated as long as you still use the Service and/or in accordance with the applicable laws.
Correction of Personal Data
Customers are encouraged to take an active role in ensuring that your data are accurate and updated from time to time.
Data Deletion and Destruction
In accordance with the applicable laws and regulations, at your request, Telkomsel can delete (right to erasure) and/or destroy your Information Data from the system (right to delisting) so that the data no longer identifies you, except:
- If Telkomsel needs to store the Information Data to fulfill legal, tax, audit, and accounting obligations, Telkomsel will retain the required Information Data as long as you use our services or according to the period required by the applicable law; and/or
- the personal data in your Information Data is still in a retention period based on the applicable laws and regulations; and / or
for the purpose of destroying Information Data from the system (right to delisting), a court decision is required from you hence Telkomsel can destroy the information or your Information Data that is irrelevant from the system.
Information Data Security
Your Information Data Confidentiality is the most important thing for Telkomsel. Telkomsel will use its best efforts to protect and secure your Information Data from access to collection, processing, analyzing, storing, disclosing, correcting, and deleting by unauthorized parties. However, sending Data Information through the Service is not entirely secure.
Although Telkomsel will do its best to protect your Information Data, you acknowledge that Telkomsel cannot guarantee the integrity, accuracy, validity, and recency of any Data Information that you send through the Service, or guarantee that the Information Data will not be intercepted, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by unauthorized third parties, due to factors outside Telkomsel's control.
In the event of illegal access and activities on the confidentiality of your Personal Information and beyond Telkomsel's control, Telkomsel will notify you at the first opportunity so that you can reduce the risk arising from that.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your data details, including your username, password, email, or OTP from anyone and must always maintain and be responsible for the security of the device you use.
You can choose not to receive marketing services, advertising, or other activities related to data processing by contacting Telkomsel through the available contact details or other mechanisms prepared by each Service. Please note that if you choose to leave, Telkomsel can still send you messages related to Telkomsel services, including but not limited to receipts and SMS confirmation services.